Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bad Blogger

Ok, so I know that I've been a terrible blogger this last month or so, hopefully I can remember everything we've been up to and maybe Nola will forgive me when she reads this 10 to 15 years from now! The problem is that Fall is our favorite season and Nola is at such a fun age right now so we've had a zillion things going on. Football, Keith's work banquet, Pumpkin Patch, visits from Mimi and Papa, and a not so fun bout with walking pneuomna. This post will probably be all over the place, so please forgive me. I'm just trying to remember everything! Hopefully, I can remember the events and they will be in order from the oldest to the most recent. This will just be a recap of our family event. I'm going to do a seperate post of Nola news to tell you all the new things she's doing.

Here goes.......

September 24-25 we spent the weekend with my parents and Keith's parents also came to Florence for a visit. We enjoyed a nice dinner with them at the rotating restaurant that is hooked in with the Marriott (can't remember the name)! It was really good and we really enjoyed an adult dinner free of food throwing! Saturday, the boys were supposed to play golf but they got rained out so we all hung out at Mom's and watched some football! Sunday we all went to my home church and then to a wonderful lunch at Dot's Soul Kitchen! She has the best fried chicken! It was really good to spend a weekend with both sets of parents.

September 27th our new friend made his way into this world. Our wonderful friends, Jessica and her husband Chris, welcomed Samuel Easton Sims. Nola's friend, Naomi is the proud big sister. He is soo sweet. I look forward to our families hanging out and growing up together!

Nola got to spend 2 weekends in a row with Gransie and Papa and I'm not sure who was more happy about it! We had planned to go to Auburn for the Auburn vs LSU game and then we found out that Keith's work banquet was the weekend prior to the game. The banquet was in Montgomery and it was a spend the night deal, which mean back-to-back weekends of spoiling for Nola. We had a great time at the banquet. It was nice to meet some of Keith's co-workers and their spouses. It was also good to see Keith's parents again - they came over for the banquet, too.

The Auburn vs LSU game was soo much fun. We had about 16 people in our tailgate. We didn't have tickets to the game, we just tailgated and watched the game on our TV. We got to Auburn at 5:45 am and got home about 11:30. It was a long day, but we had a ton of fun. It was great to hang out with all our friends and enjoy the beautiful weather and football.

I do have various pictures and I'll probably just post them in another post by themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment