Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Oh geez....

Where has the time gone??

Even though the hussle and the bussle of the holidays are over we have still been so busy. Work, school, snow days, out of town..yada yada yada. We have just been busy! This post is just a post for our own memories. I want to remember some things that Nola has said/done in the last few weeks and also document some of the things that have been going on with me and Keith. I promise to put some pictures in the next post!

I went back to my old department at work and absolutely love it! Now in my last semester of school for my 2nd degree. I still can't believe that I'm getting my second degree and that I actually survived! Hahaha

Keith is still doing good with Merchant's and making some good business progress. I'm so very proud of him and all his hard work!

I know I say it over and over, but Nola is growing and changing so much everyday! Her vocabulary is growing leaps and boundsd and I'm amazed everyday at the new things she says and does. Here are my some of my favorites:

- We have been trying to break the habit of the pacifer so we are telling her that she's a big girl and doesn't need her "nuna." So on the way to school the other day she says "No nuna cause I big girl!"

- One Friday Keith took her to meet my mom so she could stay the weekend with Gransie and Papa and she didn't get her nap. That afternoon she came to Gransie and said "I need nap!" Poor thing - she was wore out!

- She shares our love of Girl Scout Thin Mints cookies. She saw them in the front seat of the car and says "I need cookie, mamma!" She also shares our love of cheeseburgers. You ask her what she wants to eat and you will get one of 3 responses: "Chee-burder, beck-fast, or turkey-chese."

- She loves to ride in Keith's Tahoe because it has a dvd player. She calls it the "big car" and will cry to ride in it rather than in my car!

- Gransie and I, along with some of the other ladies at church, hosted a baby shower for our dear friend Amy so we spent the weekend in Moulton. On the way up that Friday afternoon, I was turned around in the car talking to her and apparently she didn't want to talk to me anymore because she said "Turn 'round mamma!". On Sunday morning in church Nola saw a baby being rocked by her mom. She said "Baby rock" and then said "Baby asleep?" Gransie, said "Yes, the baby is being rocked. Do you want me to rock you?" Nola said yes and climbed into Gransie's lap. Nola looked up and said "I asleep too?" Me and mom laughed so hard and told her "No, you're not asleep!"

- She can still sing her ABCs, count to 10, count to 6 in Spanish. She sings Row, Row, Row your boat, Ring around the rosie, Itsy Bitsy Spider, I love you (Barney theme song) and If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands!

- She's so very independent and wants to do everything herself! She still loves bath time, her baby, and books. She's such a joy to us and we wer so thankful she is in our lives! Even considering her temper tanturms and sometime sassy attitude - I wouldn't change a thing!

1 comment:

  1. You've got a big girl on your hands!!! Congratulations on pursuing a second degree! What is it in?

    ReplyDelete