Sorry! I know it has been a while since the last post, but we have had a lot going on. Hopefully, things are going to start slowing down in both our personal and professional lives. I'm on Spring Break this week and trying to get caught up with everything I have been neglecting. So, let me catch you up on the latest happenings in the Suber house.
#1 - Keith and I took a much needed last-minute, quick vacation to Memphis (I'll explain why later). Memphis was so much fun! We went to the Rock and Soul Museum, Civil Rights Museum, and the Stax Records Museum. I would highly recommend the Civil Rights Museum. It was so interesting and based in the very hotel that Martin Luther King, Jr. was shot. It also includes the room across the street where James Earl Ray fired the shot. Give yourself plenty of time to go through the museum - you will want to absorb it all. We ate lots of good food, too! One night we ate at BB Kings restaurant and they had an amazing house band with a 18 year old as the lead guitar and singer. He was awesome! If you go, you gotta go check him out!
#2 - Keith starts his new job with Merchants Company tomorrow. This has been a long process, but definitely an answered prayer.
#3 - I did find out that my job will be eliminated as of the end of this year. Thankfully, a job opening came along in the company and I was offered the position and will start training for that on 3/29. It will be at least 16 weeks of training, but then after that I can go to flex time. I am super excited about that flexibility!
So, due to Keith and I both starting new jobs and we probably won't be able to take a summer vacation, we decided to take the last minute trip to Memphis. I am so thankful that we don't have to worry about our job situations anymore. That is such a relief for both of us!
Now - for the update about our sweet Nola! She is walking everywhere and into everything! She is so stinking cute and makes me smile and laugh everyday! She has another tooth on the bottom, so the total now is 11! She looks so different with all those pearly whites!
She has also started talking a little more. While where in Memphis, she stayed with Gransie (my mom) and had so much fun and became a little chatterbox! When she drops something or falls down, I would say "uh-oh" and Nola is now repeating that but she says "I-E." It is so funny and cute. I try to get her to say it all day! She is also saying "more" when she wants more food, so now I'm trying to get her to say "Please" rather than more. That's a work in progress, though! Apparently, her and Gransie played with bubbles a lot, because that is another one of her new words!
I do have some new pictures of Nola that we took a few weekends ago when we had some nice weather and some pics from Memphis that I will post in a separate post tomorrow.
Hope everything is good with everyone. I will try to be better with posting updates - I promise!
No comments:
Post a Comment