Ok, so it's been a couple of weeks since I posted actual happenings rather than pictures. I know that I'm behind, but I'm getting better, kinda!
So, let's catch up.....
We'll start with Keith. Keith started his new job on the 15th and so far, so good. He has dove in feet first and seems to be enjoying this new challenge ahead of him. He's has even possibly helped land a big account already! Way to go Keith! Nola and I are so proud of you!
On to Nola....she's had a rough couple of weeks. On Monday morning the 15th (Keith's first day at work) , she was acting a little cranky and having a hard time walking. I wrote it off as her being tired from the time change and that was probably the reason she kept falling. I sent her on to school and I went on to work. About noon the school called and said that she was really having a hard time walking and she actually wouldn't walk much at all and she was favoring her left leg. This made me very nervous and our pediatrician couldn't see her, so we loaded up and headed to Decatur to see Dr. Harney. Dr. Harney did an xray and gave her a good check-up, but didn't find anything wrong (Thank you Lord!!). He said that it could be a mild case of vertigo and to give her some benadryl at night. A day or two later, she was back to her spunky self! We had a great weekend and enjoyed the beautiful day we had on Saturday (pics our in previous post).
The next week started off similar to the week before. Nola was cranky and whiny and even running a low grade fever, but she also was very lethargic and sleeping a lot. If that wasn't enough, she wasn't eating either. When this behavior continued on Monday night, Keith and I decided that she needed to go to the doctor. Tuesday morning we headed in to the pediatrician's office. After 2 hours, a finger prick, and a urinalysis, the doctor couldn't find anything other than dehydration. She said that Nola probably had a virus and that was why she wasn't eating and running fever. So, we tried to push fluids and just kept her on bland food. It took most of the week for her to get over this virus, but she is much better know. Keith and I got a touch of on Thursday and it was rough! No wonder she whined and cried....I wanted to!!
Thankfully, she was feeling better because we had family pictures yesterday at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens. The gardens are gorgeous and I can't wait to see the pictures! I'll post some as soon as we get them back.
Lastly, I start my new position tomorrow. It was really sad to leave my current department because I love the people that I work with, but eventually the will all be gone also. I'm very thankful that I have job, but I do somewhat dread the training. The classroom portion will last 10 weeks and then I will benchmarking. This step can take anywhere from 6 weeks to 18 weeks. I hoping for the 6 weeks!
So, that's about it in our world. Easter is next weekend are we going to my mom's. While we are there we are also going to have Karlie's 16th birthday party. It will be a busy weekend, but I can't wait. The weather is supposed to beautiful, so I'll have plenty of pics to post.
Hope everyone has a great week. With the reason behind this upcoming holiday, there is no reason we shouldn't!
No comments:
Post a Comment