I have survived another week of training! I really think that I will enjoy my new position, but sometimes I just hate the training. It's not the instructors or material, it's just that long day of sitting at a desk. My mind tends to wander and the beautiful weather we have been having doesn't help! In addition to training, this semester is wrapping up and I couldn't be more glad. I haven't really enjoyed the 2 classes I had this semester (Research Methods and Financial Mgmt of Healthcare - yuck!), but it's almost over. The next 2 weekends will be spent wrapping up a project and then studying for finals. Sometimes I wonder why I felt the need to go back and get a 2nd degree, one should be good enough, right??
So to treat myself, for finishing another semester and for surviving another week of training I went shopping! I have been trying to cut-up on carbs and unhealthy food since the first of the year and I have actually lost 18 pounds. New spring/summer clothes were calling my name! Belk was having a great sale and I bought 2 pair of pants, 3 cardigan sweaters, a black maxi dress(which I love!) all for only $80 bucks! I was so excited - now if I could just find a cute pair of sandals. I'm going to the beach in a month, surely I can find something there at the outlet malls!
Anyway, other happenings in the Suber home is that sweet Nola has been sick again! Bless her heart, we are having a time with her little ears. She had a runny nose on Sunday and I figured it was from all the pollen. She played as normal and didn't run any fever so she went to daycare on Monday. About 4:00pm, I received an email that said her eyes were matting and that we had to come get her. Keith picked her up and I met them after work at the Children's Hospital after hours clinic. Poor thing had a double ear infection, conjunctivitis, and she was wheezing. They gave her a breathing treatment and took a chest xray. Nola didn't care for either one of the procedures. During the breathing treatment, she was crying and I was crying - it was awful! However, her chest xray was clear, so we are very thankful for that! My job has a "sick" daycare on site and she went there for the first time on Tuesday. It was wonderful! It is ran by nurses and they called me every couple of hours to give me an update that included what she had been doing, her temperature and if she had ate/drank anything. To have this service, was such a relief. I really wanted to stay home with her since she felt so bad, but during training time off is for emergencies only. She was good in hands, though and I will use them again for sure. It was only $15 bucks a day and it is just deducted from my check. That was a small price to pay for the exceptional care given to sick little Nola. She's much better now and back to her ol' self. We may have to do tubes, but I'm hoping this is the last ear infection for a while!
With the sickness, came a little irritability which I think may have lead to her minor behavior problem at school. Despite my hoping, praying and wishing against it, Nola has bit her friends at school. This happened once a few weeks ago and then 2 days in a row this past week. The teachers at her school have been very helpful and have suggested that Nola get to keep her pacifier throughout the day, rather than putting it up once she arrives and is settled. They also reassured me that this is just a phase and that a lot of toddlers go through this since they don't know how to express/control their feelings yet. They also said that the sickness and the medication could be making her more irritable. I sure hope they are right! I don't want her to be labeled, as "Nola the biter!"
On the bright side, I want to document some of the things little Nola has started doing lately. She has learned to hold up her first finger when you ask her how old she is. It is so stinkin' cute! She is also nodding her for yes and no. She sometimes gets them mixed up, but she does pretty good. In the past week, she has become addicted to feeding herself with her own fork! It is so funny and she actually does pretty good with a little help! I'm amazed everyday and how much she changes, grows and learns. She is like a little sponge!
We also had our first crawfish boil of the season Friday night and it was sooooo good! I have been waiting on that for a long time and sure can't wait to do it again.
Sorry this was such a long post of randomness, it's just that alot has happened!
Hope everyone has a great week! I do have some pictures to post and I'll do that later. Until next time......
Wow!!! You are my inspiration. 18 pounds - good for you!!! I think training can be so tedious sometimes, but I'm sure in the end you'll be so happy with your new role!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a great weekend!