Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Not so Wordless Wednesday

I had a few minutes so I thought I would tell everyone about our Easter weekend! We had a great time my parent's house in Moulton. I was off work on Friday, so mom picked Nola and I up on Thursday night. Friday morning we took off to Huntsville to have Nola's pictures made! She was a little cranky, didn't like the bunny and fell down and bumped her head, so the pictures are cute but she's not smiling in any of them! Friday afternoon we had a photo shot with her and Karlie in their tutus for Karlie's 16th birthday pictures. They were really cute! Saturday night was Karlie's party and we all had a good time! Mom and I spend the day cleaning up and then Amy and Chad came over to help decorate and set everything up for the party. Her friends came over and hung out by the pool, danced and just had a blast! (I'll post a slideshow of some of the pictures from this and the photo shot later) Sunday was Easter and after church we went to my Aunt Magdelene's house for lunch and an egg hunt. I wish we had more time to visit with her. She is like a grandmother to me and I have such good memories of my time at her house when I was younger. We left around 3:45 to come home and poor Nola missed her nap and was sound asleep before we ever got out to the main road!

So, that was our weekend! It was a lot of fun, but I was exhausted!

Now, just some random thoughts.....

I'm really ready for Summer time! I can't wait to spend the days with Nola in the pool. She absolutely LOVES to be outside and she loves so bathtime, so this summer at the pool should be lots of fun! We have had some pretty sunny days and she is already starting to get a little tan. (It's so cute to see the white of her skin in the rolls on her arm!)

I'm also ready for a crawfish boil. We try to do one every year and I hope this year is no exception. Crawfish is a little higher than normal, but hopefully we can work it out one weekend. We have one place here in Birmingham that gets live crawfish, but it is just too expensive right now.

I really like the Maxi dresses that are popular this year, but I'm not sure they will work for me?!? They look so comfy and cute and I really want one for the beach trip in May. I tried one on at TJMaxx and wasn't that impressed but it had a busy print, so I'm going to try to find a solid color. Any ideas on where to find this, let me know!

Well, gotta get back to work - break is over! I hope everyone has a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I am dying for some boiled crawfish! We'll be home in mid-May and it's the first thing I'm going check off my list.

    ReplyDelete