Monday, September 6, 2010

Nola News

Nola spent the weekend with Gransie and Papa so that Keith and I could go to the Saints game Thursday night and the LSU same on Saturday (I'll do a separate post about that). She is on her way home now, so I thought I would try to get in a quick post before she gets home.

Before I write about her newest funnies, I want to tell document an old one that I forgot to blog about. I love when Nola comes home from staying at my parents because she's always excited to see us and she has usually learned something new. Either a new phrase, a new word, a new facial expression, or something. Well, the last time she went to stay, Gransie taught her to be "tough". She'll make her hands little fist, grits her teeth, and shakes likes she all tense! It is so funny! She also tries to blink but she shuts both eyes. It is so cute and makes me laugh.

Back to the new stuff! As I said before, she is very much a Papa's and Daddy's girl right now! We have a digital picture frame and it has a lot of random pictures. I was talking to her the other day about how she was going to go visit with Gransie and I showed her a picture of Granise holding her when she was little. I asked her if she wanted to go see Gransie and she shook her head yes but said "Papa!" Papa wasn't even in the picture, but she knew that where Gransie is - Papa is there also!

So the day finally came and we met my mom in Decatur for the drop-off. The last time I dropped her off she cried for a few minutes and it broke my heart (and Gransie's too!). This time she could care less. Mom had bought a new car seat and had her a new video to watch. We put the video in while Keith securing the car seat, so when we put her in it I tried to get her to give me a kiss and tell my bye and she just waved. Didn't even turn her head away from that TV!! But I'm glad she wasn't sad!

Of course I call Mom several times a day to check on her and see hows she's doing. I ask about how she slept, what she ate, if she was being good, etc. Usually each time I call Mom tells me something that Nola did/say. Being Auburn fans and with the games on this past weekend, I think Mom viewed this weekend as a perfect opportunity to start really working with Nola on being an Auburn fan. I didn't call after the game because it was so late when we got out of the game, so I called first thing Sunday morning and Nola said "Wa E-dle" for "War Eagle!" It was so darn cute!! I have been trying to teach her "Go Tigers" so that could be for any team! HaHa

Nola doesn't really like to get her hair fixed. Some days I can do it without a fight if she is in her high chair and eating or sitting on the counter top playing with the light switch (I know, probably a bad habit to start!). Her hair has really gotten long and it has to be pulled up out of her face. So, Sunday Mom asked her if she could fix her hair and Nola said "No." She asked again several times and each time she said "No." Well, I guess it finally started bothering her being in her face, so she finally agreed to let Gransie fix her hair. When Gransie finished, she put a bow in her hair and Nola turned around, stuck out her hand and said "I pretty?". Mom said it was like she was asking how she looked! I love that and wish I could have seen it! Every time I finish fixing her hair I say "Ohh, how pretty!" hoping that one day it will be easier!

Nola should be home in a few mintues and I can't wait to get my hands on that sweet bundle of joy! I can' wait to hear the other stories about her weekend! I know she had fun! Thanks Mom and Dad for keeping her this weekend so that Keith and I could go have fun! We are so thankful for you both and glad that Nola will have wonderful memories of her time with Gransie and Papa!

No comments:

Post a Comment