Daddy and Nola
I love shoes!
Nola and Uncle Byron meet for the 1st time
Lunch isn't ready yet?? Who is in charge here??
This year we have so much more to be thankful for and I know that I won't remember everything, but I would like to share some of the big things.
First of all, I am thankful for God's amazing grace! He has blessed me so much and in so many ways and I can never be thankful enough. I'm also forever grateful that he picked me to be the mommy for Nola! That little girl blesses me so much! Anytime that I am having a bad day or in a bad mood - I can look at that sweet smiling face and feel so much better. My life has changed so much since Thanksgiving last year. It's hard to believe that on this day a year ago, Keith and I went to the hospital because I wasn't feeling her move and now she's here, safe and sound and moving all over the place! I'm glad that God gives the "Mommy instincts" before we are officially mommy so know when something just isn't right. I'm thankful for Dr. Favor who watched me and Nola and delivered her safely.
I'm thankful for my wonderful husband! Keith is always supportive, loving and does all he can to make me and Nola happy. Recent news with his and my jobs have been very stressful, but he has hung in there with me and although we don't know the final outcome yet - I know that he is always by my side and doing whatever is best for our family.
I know I don't tell her enough, but I just don't know what I would do without my mom. Very rarely does a day go by that we don't speak on the phone (if we are not together) and I don't want that to ever change. She's is so supportive and proud of me and has always been there for me. Sometimes it is so that I can cry, sometimes so that I can be mad, and sometimes it is so that I just vent, but always it is with unconditional love. She does so much for Nola, too! I'm thankful that Nola and her will have a wonderful relationship and I can't wait for Nola to tell me about all the fun stuff her and Gransie will do together!
I'm thankful for my health and health of my loved one's. As you know, sweet little Joshua goes to daycare with Nola and was recently diagnosed with neuroblastoma. Such devastating news always helps put things into perspective. Keith and I may be without jobs soon, but we have a healthy baby and for that I am grateful. I am not spending Thanksgiving in a hospital waiting on news about my baby and for that I am grateful. I'm also thankful for the power of prayer - prayer that changes all situations - jobs, health, etc.
Well,my little turkey has woke up from her nap so I better go. I hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving holiday and remembers all the many things that we have to be thankful for!!
Love,
Shellie
No comments:
Post a Comment