Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Our weekend in Who Dat Nation!!

Well, we had a great time in New Orleans this past weekend. I got lots of goodies at the Helen Brett Market. I bought some cute dresses and bubble suits for Nola and then I got a few bags and random stuff for me. Nola also got a LSU jersey, new shoes and her first Saints shirt which she proudly wore to daycare yesterday! Mom went with us and I was so glad to have her. I am blessed to have such a sweet mother - we always have a good time together!

Nola did great on her first airplane ride. She sat in her seat and played with her toys during take-off and didn't act like anything was going on! When we arrived, we went to visit Allie and then off to get some lunch. We were going to Willie Mae's for the fried chicken but Nola fell asleep in the car, so we just got a to go order for mom. That really was some good chicken! After that, we headed down to Magazine street so that I could eat at my favorite pizza place - Slice. As always, it was yummy! We then went and did a little shopping here and there. Before the sun went down we went and took some pictures of Nola at City Park and at the Lake front.

Saturday - Mom and I went to the show and shopped! Keith took Nola to the mall and just hung out with her till we finished. Mom and I made great time as we were down about 12:30. She and I were both starving! Mom wanted chicken again, but the place was packed, so we headed to Liuzza's by the track. Of course, that didn't disappoint either! That shrimp po'boy was so good! Especially since I haven't had anything fried or any bread in about 3 weeks!! That night we meet Allie and Jill for dinner and had a good time visiting.

Sunday morning we had to leave and I was so sad. There was so much excitement in the air for the Saints and I loved it. I brought my Brees Jersey to wear on Sunday, but we had bought other Saints stuff while we there. It was amazing to me how everywhere you went people were going crazy over the Saints. Even we went got into the airport, the gifts shops had Saints merchandise. It was great to see the city supporting the boys! We got home just in time for kick-off. The game was exciting, stressful, and everything in between. I almost couldn't watch as Hartley kicked the ball, but I did and WOW!!! We won!! The Saints are going to the Super Bowl!!!!!

What a great way to end the weekend!

Here are some pictures from the trip - enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment