A lot of you may have read or heard about the lady and toddler who drowned in a tragic accident in Orange Beach this past Friday. This sweet lady was my friend, Kembra. She was the assistant at the daycare Nola goes to and had been dating a friend of ours, Stan, for a few months (see the SEC champions post for pictures of Stan and Kembra). Their family went with another family to the beach for vacation. Her and the little girl were ahead of the group on the beach and somehow the little girl got in the water. Kembra went in to save her and caught up in the riptide according to the statement from witnesses. Unfortunately, her and the toddler both passed away. There is not a doubt in my mind that Kembra fought with all her might to save that sweet baby because that's the kind of person she was - she gave everything she had for others.
Kembra was a wonderful person who loved her kids and all the daycare kids with every ounce of her being. She loved life and lived it to the fullest. She was thoughtful, caring, energetic and just an all around amazing women, mother, and friend. She will be greatly missed. Please remember her family as she leaves behind three daughters, remember Stan and Megan, and the family of the toddler. I can't begin to imagine what any of these families are going through.
Rest in Peace. You were a great friend and we will all miss you very much!!

i am really going to miss her. I love the picture, it brings such mixed emotions to the surface. I so want to tease her about the matchy matchy shorts she and Stan have on.
ReplyDeleteI live in Mobile and I remember reading about this in the paper. I prayed for them (and their loved ones) as soon as I read it. Praying for you all!
ReplyDelete