Nola had her first surgery this past Thursday. Even though I know there was nothing to it, I was a bit nervous. My baby was going to be taken from me and put to sleep and that thought scared me to death! We had to be there at 5:30 that morning and surgery was scheduled to start at 6:30. Nola did really well waking up that early and not getting anything to eat or drink. She did cry when they took her from us, but within 10 minutes Dr. Wittich came and told us he was done and that everything went great and she was just fine. We went back into the lobby for the longest 10 minutes of my life! Even Papa was starting to get a little anxious, but finally she was awake and crying for her Momma. I couldn't get to her fast enough. She cried for just a minute or two and than looked up at me and said "Hey" and gave me the biggest smile. It just melted my heart. I never knew how much I could love something until she came along! We left the surgery center at 7:15 and was home by 8:00 am. She came home and played for a little while and then went down for a long 3 1/2 hour nap about 11:30.
Here are some pictures from that day.





While she slept, I worked in the flower beds with Mom. I put down 5 bags of mulch all by myself....I must say I was pretty proud of efforts. There is still a lot of work to do in the flower beds, but they do look much better!
When Nola woke up, she was her normal, happy, smiling little self! She also wanted a snack, so Papa gave her a treat. I walked into the kitchen to find this scene:


It's amazing what Nola gets away with that we NEVER did. We could never sit on the counter tops! Looks like some little girl has her Papa right where she wants him!!
No comments:
Post a Comment